Monday, February 24, 2014

*COLD* Day Fun

Since it is -30 outside today, I had no urge to go outside to take pictures, but I wanted to do something, so I looked back through some of my "pinsperation" and came across a couple of pins of water drops. I have always loved the way those pictures look - the smooth lines, the luminance of them, often the colors - so out came the tripod, speedlight, some very cool colored bowls, colored cardstock to change/reflect different colors, a ziploc bag and some duct tape (to tape it to the stool I had it suspended from). Super high tech.... I read that you can buy special water drop machines (which after doing this little experiment, I am certain that they would work A LOT better than my baggie, but for my first try, I am happy with the results). It took a little trial and error to get my focus just right since I wanted more drops and would squeeze the bag, causing the drops to no necessarily fall where I set my focus.

Anyways, all in all, successful project. The speedlight is a must in order to illuminate the drops, though I had it on the second lowest setting. I look forward to trying it again using different liquids (maybe something thicker, milky, etc.).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips