Thursday, October 10, 2013

Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk


What a great night! On Saturday October 5th, me and 45 other photographers got together on Broadway for the annual Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk. From 6:30-8, we had the opportunity to walk around and photograph anything our hearts desired and at the end of the evening, we could choose one (just one) photo to submit to the Photo Walk contest. 

I had never noticed these amazing painted boulders on the shore of the Broadway bridge before. Amazing what you see when you open your eyes!! Very cool.
So, I totally cheated on this picture. The sky was completely washed out, so I dropped in a light blue sky from a few days before. The wonders of Photoshop....
This is the original


ran into this lovely fellow as I was walking ALONE by the shore on the downtown side of the river. Can you spell CREEPY?!!

It just so happened that Saturday night was also the "Light The Night: Walk for Leukemia & Lymphoma", so there were a lot of people in Kiwanis Park and the walk opened with the AMAZING Durga Fire Dancers. 



These women had such passion. The whole performance was amazing.... I am SO glad that we got to see it.

I love this picture. It is the one I submitted to the contest. I can't say that it is the most stunning picture I have ever taken, but having watched the dancers and felt their emotion, I loved that you could see each of their faces from my perspective and thought the colors turned out fantastic. I did not modify the colors at all - I sharpened it a bit, but otherwise I did not modify anything from the original pic.



If you look closely, you can see the lanterns and the people on the walk along the path at the bottom of this photo.

Terrible color in this picture, but I LOVED this bike!
I'm at the front.... In orange... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips